Continuing Revelation is a phrase that has been popularized within the Quaker tradition. Here is how it is used and what makes it problematic.
- The key difference of continuing revelation and remix is in function.
- Continuing Revelation functions as a move of supplanting the past, another argument, or worldview. It functions within Quaker exceptionalism both towards its own tradition and towards others.
- Remix is about honoring the past in order to build something new
- Continuing Revelation is about “revelation” – could be divine, could be science, other forms of data, could be individualized as in “I see it differently now.”
- Remix does not seek to be so lofty.