Well I’m back after a four-week hiatus. It was nice having guests blog for me, felt like a little vacation. But I’ve been stocking up on links over the past four weeks so I had something good for show-and-tell. Here’s what we’ve got for today:
Big thanks to Wess for inviting the guest post for today’s Dress Down Friday! With Wess’ recent endorsement of Obama, I decided to take DDF in a political direction. For me, following the 2008 election is like watching a good soap opera. I’m completely addicted.
Say What?! :: Obama’s music video by Will.i.am has a sister video that my friend Matt affectionately calls “Cien Anos.” It’ll have you laughing for the next week – bbaaabbbbyyy. Thanks, Cate for the link.
I’ve got Obamaphilia :: When Joel Stein wrote that he wanted to install a urinal in his house, I became addicted to reading his Friday Op Eds. Be sure to read his most recent – Obamaphilia on the rise.
Bush-Clinton Forever :: During the last democratic debate, a 38-year old voter stated that she had never voted in an election without a Clinton or Bush on the ballot. I must admit it’s a damn good point to consider. This clever fellow writes that we could potentially have a Bush or Clinton in the White House until 2057. Vote Chelsea in 2025!!!!
Obama Girl is a huge disappointment. The first video was OK (ridiculously sexist, but funny.) Since then, Barely Political has released a few other video. I can’t even make it through the first ten seconds. It’s like a really bad version of home videos my girlfriends made in high school. Don’t even bother watching.
That’s all for now! Vote Obama 2008. (I guess this is my official endorsement!) I hope I don’t get fired from my non-partisan organization for this post!
Holly is our last dress down friday guest for awhile, so be sure to check out her blog. Thanks Cate, Ben, Josh and Holly for participating.
Here is this week’s installment of Dress Down Friday.
- The Prius just turned 10! I can’t believe it’s been around this long already.
- Did you know that philosophers play soccer? Neither did I, but I guess some of the old standbys do. Oh and don’t forget the song about them.
- I swear I see something like this every time I am on the 5.
- Had a friend send me this site, it’s a parody news page with your favorite (and some infamous) celebrities writing whatever it is that’s on their minds.
- For all those of you interested in fashion and design, a good friend of ours has a really great blog going called the looksee. I really like what she’s doing.
- If you’re interested in free, and by free I mean It’s not going to cost you $150, check out the new online word-processor called Buzzword by Adobe. I used it yesterday to write an article and it works pretty well. It is a little sluggish and just like all the other online processors it doesn’t do footnotes (which means I am not really going to use it for much) but otherwise I liked it’s overall functionality.
- For those of you interested in finding an alternative to itunes, look here.
- And finally, here’s a neat website dedicated to the letters of those who have left our various churches and why. Think of it as a kind of open letter to how the church can do better.
Today is the one word Dress Down Friday Special.
Thanks everyone for links this week.
Every week I post a random assortment of links, videos, pictures just for fun. In this week’s edition of “Dress Down Friday” I have found some fun stuff this week ranging from LA Metro/Google Map Mashups and new solar powered messenger bags!
If you’d like to get Dress Down Friday in your email inbox every Friday, subscribe here.
Subscribe to Dress Down Fridays and get them in your Email on Fridays.