[Edited Twice] Lately I’ve been pretty under-the-gun with school work, and all the extra things going on. I don’t have much time to do some of those I love doing. I hope to write soon about all the stuff I’ve had my hands in but for now that will have to wait.
Today I turned 28.
Emily is making homemade tortilla soup tonight, it’s one of my absolute favorite dishes and I will post pictures if I think of it. I can hardly wait. More importantly tomorrow we’re going to hang out together and take a day off!
A couple things I wanted to share just for fun. I am going to keep adding to this list as I have time.
- My mother and father-in-law sent this card. And inside it said, “I think this might work for Quakers too!” I laughed my head off.
- My british buddy, Simon, posted an audio file of one of our favorite poet’s Dylan Thomas reading A Poem In October.
- Emily bought me this. I will write a post about it once it gets here.
- And I found a reflection I wrote about births I did last year here.
- At the bookstore where I work, we celebrated by having ice cream sandwiches made with chocolate chip cookies and Breyers ice cream.
- I am going to lunch with Chris from Quaker 2.0.
- There are some great/hilarious birthday wishes on myspace. Wow so many!
- I me with Bill Quigley, one of my profs from Malone College. It was great to meet and chat over coffee, hear his stories, learn a little bit about what’s going on at Malone, and talk with him about the possibility, that crazy possibility, of maybe, just maybe, becoming a Quaker theologian professor some day!
- Once I arrived back at the model home (and here) I found a card from my dad and the Daniels Fam, a bottle of Chimay and a Scharffen Berger Chocolate bar from Emily.
- The tortilla Soup was…amazing. And so was that other stuff!
All in all it was a great day.
So a couple “gifts” for you. Enjoy the day on me!